Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Government Shutdown

For the first time, something that is happening in Washington is effecting my family personally. It's crazy to me that the "Big Wigs" in Washington have so much power over my little family. As you probably know, we, the U.S., are facing a government shutdown if Congress doesn't pass a budget by Friday at midnight. That probably doesn't mean a lot to many of you, but for my family it means Michael will be on an unpaid furlough until a budget does get passed. I have mixed emotions about this. I don't want a bad budget to get passed just so there is a budget to pass. I also wouldn't mind having Michael home during the day for a couple days. On the other hand, we are in the process of really trying to build a good savings. Going without pay for who knows how long would definitely hurt that goal. On the bright side, we do have a savings, so we would be okay financially. As I think about the situation, it really makes me think twice about the importance of being informed about candidates and their views. The national government has always been a group of people, that I don't know much about, who make decisions that effect a huge mass of people, but I personally am not really in the line of fire. Now that I am, I really hope that there are some good decisions made by some men and women that I don't know.

2 comments:

The Merrills said...

Amen, sister!

Karalee


































































's husband

The Merrills said...

So Curtis totally wrote the above comment, but I agree. I just don't like him pretending to be me, even if it is something I would say myself :)