Saturday, February 11, 2012

Last Weekend

I will forever be thankful for last weekend. On Friday night I didn't want to make dinner, so we called Lawrence and Melissa and met them at Olive Garden for dinner with our kids. Then, Saturday, we swapped baby sitting at their apartment while we took turns going to the temple. I kept meaning to leave so we wouldn't get home late, but I decided that Samantha and Ethne were having so much fun, we could stay a little longer. All the kids had a bath, Ethne went to bed and yelled good bye to us, and that was the last time I heard her sweet voice.

I had a sister-in-law say once how amazed she was at the love she automatically has for her nieces and nephews. I've thought a lot about that this last week. It is so true! I am so thankful for a wonderful family. I am thankful for cousins for my daughter. I am thankful for happy memories. And I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. We would all be lost without it!




1 comment:

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

I am so in awe of the faith and strength your family and Melissa's family are displaying right now. You are all an inspiration to me and you're in my prayers!